Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas, parts two & three

It has been a whirlwind of holidays the past week and a half. Now I have to squeeze them into one, hopefully not too long, blog post. Here we go..

Christmas part two was spent with Matt's family in Marietta. This includes his parents, his brother John and his wife Stephanie who live in Connecticut, and his brother Andy and his girlfriend Crystal who live in DC. We spent a good two days with everyone. Christmas was kicked off with our suspicions that Matt and I will become an aunt and uncle next year becoming true - John & Steph are expecting in July! We spent Christmas Eve night at a beautiful church service and then back to the house for a big dinner that we ate around 10pm. I stayed up as late as I could that night (about midnight) and we headed to bed. Christmas morning was full of fun with opening gifts. A few things I received include clothes, Gilmore Girls & a cookbook. Matt got a keyboard, record & scotch glasses plus other things. We spent the afternoon with Andy, Crystal & their dog Thomas on a 3 mile walk on the trail behind our apartment. The weather was amazing, it was about 70 degrees, we even sat out on their back porch for lunch that day.

Christmas part three was spent in Augusta. I worked the day after Christmas and we headed to Augusta that evening. We spent Friday night opening gifts with my family and then were able to spend some time with my BFF Emili (yeah we still say BFF). My big gifts were having my wedding dress cleaned & preserved, a gift card to Ann Taylor Loft, and some DVDs I asked for. Matt got the John Adams DVDs and a lot of coffee and some other stuff. We spent Friday night through Monday afternoon in Augusta. Saturday we lounged around and also did Christmas with my dad. Sunday we saw Marley & Me - great movie. Made greater by the fact that the woman sitting directly next to me cried ridiculously hard for the last 45 minutes of the movie. It took everything in me not to bust out laughing. And the majority of the weekend was spent with my brother, Matt and I all addicted to my sister's new game for her Nintendo DS called Ninja Town. It was awesome. Oh I also went after-Christmas shopping on Saturday and got a TON of Christmas decorations for next year when we will hopefully have a house!

We headed back to Atlanta Monday afternoon and I worked Tuesday & Wednesday. Last night we spent New Year's with Matt's parents at their cabin and had a delicious dinner at a restaurant in Jasper. I fell asleep on the couch at 10 and woke up at midnight for my new year's kiss, haha. We left after lunch today to come back and start crossing things off of our to-do list. Life is becoming even more hectic now with me trying to get going on the house stuff. We are meeting with a realtor this Sunday so wish us luck! Now I have to get all my documents together for pre-approval.

Here are some pictures..

Matt and I after the Christmas Eve service

Can you tell they are brothers? John, Andy, Matt
The Moffitt girls - me, Crystal, Steph
Matt, me & Emili, my BFF
My family - Charlie, Erin, dad, me
me & my mom

2 comments:

tootie said...

I stumbled on your blog and just wanted to say hi.

It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday!

Happy 2009!

emili said...

Yey! I made the blog! exciting! SO good seeing you and Matt on Friday! Wish we could have spent more time together! I'm on my way back to MN right now (Charlotte airport) and finally had time to catch up on your blog. xoxo, your bff!

 
template by suckmylolly.com