Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Closing in on Closing

What has been going on the last few days? House stuff, house stuff and you guessed it, more house stuff. Yesterday we met with a lady about our homeowners insurance which came out to be WAY less that it was supposed to. That is of course very good but makes me a little paranoid that the lady did something wrong because she is so scatter-brained. My mom even asked me if we had only insured the front door after I told her the amount. We did get a lot of discounts though (hardiplank, alarm system, etc) so hopefully that is why.

Today was our termite inspection which went very well! No sign of termites! We are good to go :) Closing is two weeks from yesterday, I can't believe it. Hopefully we are past all of the hard things about buying a house, except your hand falling off from signing so many papers. I am hoping signing all of those papers will help me write the last name "Moffitt" a little better. Whenever I sign my name "Julie" looks great (since I've been writing it in cursive since 3rd grade) but "Moffitt" looks like I'm still in 3rd grade.. if you don't believe me you should look at my driver's license.

Monday evening I went to Chrissy's house and got to meet her new puppy, Bella. She is so cute and Lindsey came too. We all don't see each other very often (well I think they see each other but I don't see much of them) so I was very happy to have a girl's night. And hopefully another one next week! Chrissy cooked spaghetti for me and it was delicious, especially since I had been craving Italian food all day.

Tonight I drove down to midtown to have drinks with Cat & Greg who I also haven't seen in a very long time. It was really fun to see them and catch up. I also did very good with sticking to the budget. We have $6 left for the month for alcohol (yes, alcohol is actually in our budget) and that is reserved for Matt for the super bowl. We had $2.49 left in the eating out budget so I got a diet coke and spent exactly $2.49, perfect. After I left I headed over to Walmart to make use of our $25 giftcard we got for Christmas. Matt and I both needed socks. Well I left with 10 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of stockings and a purse all for me. They didn't have any wool socks for men!! Oh well. I'm sure you really wanted to read about me buying socks :)

Lost comes on in a few minutes so until next time...

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com