Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Move that bus!"

What a terrible quote for a title, but an exciting one! We are very much in the middle of the whole first house business. The plan was that once the new year hit, we would go full steam with this house stuff and full steam we have gone. It is only the 7th day of the month and we have already met with a realtor, been pre-approved for the mortgage from two separate parties and picked out seven houses out of about a hundred to go look at this Saturday.

We love our realtor! She was recommended to us by my old roommate Meg and her husband and she is fantastic. It's amazing how Atlanta can have 5.5 million people in it, yet Matt and our realtor knew about 10 of the same people, small world. Also in the small world category, I received our mortgage broker's name from my friend Amy and come to find out that she works with our realtor all the time and she is the person our realtor would have recommended to us if we had asked for a name. So looks like we have a good team to help us on our journey!

We are specifically looking for at least a 3 bed / 2 bath single-family home with a basement. In my mind it must have 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms or we would not fit in it. I would also like there to be room to grow into the house in the future and anything smaller would just not work. It has to be a house and not a townhouse or condo due to Matt's music, which is the same reason that we must have a basement. We also want a good yard for a dog (but really any yard will do). We're not too terribly picky about the house just as long as it doesn't require major remodeling. However, come to find out there are a ton out there in our price range with updated everything (including kitchen - score!) so we might just get everything we hope for.. fingers crossed of course.

I will keep you posted on the house hunt including pictures I'm sure. If everything keeps going at this speed, who knows, we could put in an offer this weekend ;-) That's probably wishful thinking though.

Other than that we have been busy around here. My company's anniversary party (like a holiday party) is this Saturday and I am in charge of music and one of the games. I am in charge of music because I convinced them to use the band that played at our wedding (awesome!!) and now have to put together playlists full of "mingling" music and "other dancing" music. But honestly Matt is taking care of all of the music for me since he isn't in school this week and I'm super busy, so he is a wonderful husband. We will have a very busy Saturday full of houses and a great party!

Last thing I promise, did you see the Biggest Loser premiere last night? It's going to be a good season! And if you don't watch it, well, you should :)

2 comments:

LB said...

I can't wait to see pictures!

Meg said...

Yeah - Hannah's great! We also happened to know tons of the same people too. She probably just knows everyone in Atlanta. And we DID watch the Biggest Loser and it looks LOTS better than last season. I'm so excited!

 
template by suckmylolly.com