Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas, part one

Matt and I celebrated our first married Christmas together this past weekend (Christmas just the two of us). We spent most of the weekend just lounging and relaxing. Saturday night we exchanged a very small gift, kind of like Christmas Eve. I got him some licorice which he loves and he got me a 'mouthguard' thing for my little nalgene bottle which turned out to be too big since I have a small bottle, so we have to return it.

Sunday morning Matt went to church while I lazied around the apartment. When he got home I couldn't stand it anymore so we exchanged gifts. I got him a container of "Jack Daniels" coffee, some string pegs for his acoustic guitar, and the biggest gift was a new case for his Gretsch guitar. His Gretsch is one of his favorite guitars and he got it for a steal but without a case. So anytime we travel with it we have to be soo careful but now it has its very own case! I had to steal his guitar one night to take it to the music store to find a case and that was fun because all of the employees there were in awe of the awesome guitar :)

Matt got me a new water bottle for work (so I wouldn't spill on myself anymore!), the new Harry Potter book, and a big gift card for Ann Taylor Loft! So exciting since I don't go shopping anymore and I have been dying to go. I can't believe I actually get to go there and buy new clothes. We are going to go up to the Dawsonville outlets after Christmas to try to get the most of the gift card.

Sunday evening Matt cooked our delicious dinner of steak and grilled veggies (pictures at bottom). We also had some whole wheat french bread that I made with olive oil to dip in, and a bottle of Clos du Bois - yum!! We finished off the evening by driving around and looking at Christmas lights.

In other money saving news - we just went to Publix where I used my grocery game list to purchase $45 worth of groceries for $16! It included two large boxes of Bisquick, 5 boxes of gallon Ziploc bags, 4 cans of del monte veggies, two boxes of Betty Crocker potatoes, Domino sugar, and a huge thing of Maxwell House coffee. I think that's everything.

Tomorrow night will be spent with Matt's parents and John and Stephanie and then the next two days with all of the Moffitts for Christmas! We are very excited about seeing everyone and actually haven't seen John & Steph since our wedding day.

Oh and today we found out that the Harlans are having a baby GIRL!! So very excited for them :)

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

Matt cooking and smoking up the kitchen
Yum!
The bread I made was HUGE.. this is about half of it
Bread, olive oil & yummy wine - in our crystal :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Read the fine print on your Ann Taylor Loft gift card. You might not be able to use it at the Ann Taylor outlet up 400. (Sometimes the deals at that store aren't so great anyways)
Happy Shopping!!

LB said...

Julie--I have been out of the blogging loop. I never added you to my reader, so I am super behind on your blog. I am glad to see the Grocery Game is working for you--isn't it fun!

I am now adding you to my reader, so I don't get behind again.

julie said...

Christmas travels have kept me from blogging for a week or so but hopefully I'm back in it now! Yes I LOVE the grocery game. We are hoping to come visit again soon, LB, I hear you are staying put for January :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com