Saturday, January 3, 2009

Shopping & Budgeting

Yesterday I was able to do one of my absolute favorite activities: shop at Ann Taylor Loft! I don't go in there anymore because I have no self control once I'm in the store, better to just stay away. But due to the very generous gift cards I received for Christmas, I was able to go. The clothes I got were a STEAL! If I remember correctly, I got 4 shirts, 2 cardigans, 1 dress, 1 skirt & 2 pairs of pants, all for $175! Pretty unbelievable for Ann Taylor Loft. I went to the Atlantic Station store, just like old times. That petite section never lets me down. Three of the items I escaped with were even less than $10 each.

After shopping I headed down to watch Matt's gig at Lenny's Bar. I arrived around 9 and Matt's band wasn't expected to play until about 10:30. We hung out and listened to the first band until Matt went on about 10:45. They finished up about 11:30 but we were unable to leave until the last band finished playing due to the rules of this bar that you can't unload your equipment from the bar until all the bands are done. So we stayed through the last band which was TERRIBLE. There were 6 people in the band, all playing "instruments" made of various things you would find around your house. They were all very crude people wearing ridiculous outfits. We suffered through and finally made it home about 1am.

Oh I forgot to mention also that I checked out realtor.com yesterday for houses that we would be interested in and found a TON! I'm so excited. We have our first meeting with the realtor tomorrow afternoon so hopefully that will go over well.

Today I got up, did some cleaning and things like usual, watched a few Gilmore Girls episodes. Lindsey came over and brought Matt and I some Chick-fil-a in exchange for some sourdough bread, yum :) Always fun to see her! After lunch Matt and I headed up to Dawsonville to go to the outlet malls. On our way we stopped off at Plato's Closet to try to sell some clothes and I managed to sell 3 shirts for $7.83. Not very exciting but better than nothing. She told me to bring back these 4 pairs of pants I had in a few weeks and they could take them, but I think I may just try to go to a different store location and see if they'll take any more of the clothes I had in the bag (that location was way up 400 anyway).

We made it up to the outlets, and after returning a few items, ended up spending $26 and came away with an amazing coat from Ann Taylor, a new fleece for Matt and a pedometer. I am very excited about my new winter coat. I have a decent amount of coats and basically dislike all of them.

Something exciting to report is that I just spent about an hour and half building our new budgeting model in excel. Yes, I love excel. I am very excited about the model I built and hope that Matt and I can work out the kinks of our budgeting amounts within a few months so we can understand our savings better. Send a little wishful luck our way :)

That's our weekend so far, hope yours is fun too!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com