Saturday, December 13, 2008

Theme of the week: food & babies

What a week! It has been a fun one. Of course I already told you I had Tuesday off, which always makes for a good week. Thursday I did a little more shopping and found some fun things at Target.. of course I bought more than I had planned on. Thursday night Matt's parents came over for dinner! We made a pot roast in the crock pot with carrots & potatoes along with lemon tarts for dessert. It was nice to finally invite them over when the apartment is all clean and it's the holidays :) Then we watched The Office and the episodes have been so good lately!

Last night Chrissy, Chad, Lindsey & Brian came over for chocolate fondue and a tradition we are now starting of exchanging ornaments at Christmas. Lindsey, Chrissy & I are all close friends from college and all three of us got married this year so we had a fun first married Christmas together. The fondue was delicious and Matt and I got two fun ornaments. We also played Apples to Apples which is of course the greatest game ever.

And also this week, in keeping with the theme in my life that everyone is pregnant, I found out that three more of my friends are having babies! I think the count is up to 9 right now.. kind of unbelievable. I will have more friends who have babies in 2009 than friends who got married in 2008.. didn't think it would happen so quickly. But I am very excited for everyone! I guess I will have to budget for a lot of baby presents this year.. can't resist buying those tiny, cute things.

Now it's Saturday and Matt is at choir practice this morning until noon. I went for a run and am going to start on my twice baked potatoes for the potluck I am going to tomorrow. Tomorrow is busy as well with Christmas music at our church, followed by bbq at Matt's uncle's house, followed by the potluck.. I'll post on all of that after the fact, hopefully with pictures.
Today looks like a nice, relaxing Saturday to spend with my husband.
So happy Saturday! :)

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com