Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Flex Day: My favorite day of the week

Today is my flex day off of work. My company started letting us work a flex schedule about 2 or 3 months ago. It is basically a 9/80 schedule: you work 80 hours in 9 days and have one day off, over the span of a two week period. The only caveat is that we don't do flex time in a two week pay period when there is a holiday, so Christmas, New Years and MLK day will kill the next few weeks worth of flex time but we still have time off for the holidays. I LOVE having time off of work, so today is one of my favorite days.

My morning started with sleeping in until 8 and Matt left for his German final at 7:45. Around 9 I was about to take a shower when I noticed a big spider in the shower! (Not uncommon in our apartment). I had a lot of errands to run and didn't want to wait for Matt to get home to kill the spider, so I ran my errands unshowered. haha. I think the clean clothes, winter hat, and tiny amount of makeup made me decently presentable. I am winding down the end of my Christmas shopping with maybe only one or two more things left to buy, it feels good.

Matt came home after his final to have lunch with me and kill the spider of course. So now I'm all showered, the apartment is still clean (dishes & laundry this morning), and I have the rest of the day ahead of me to figure out what to do. I am getting my haircut later today which I am very excited about, it has been four months since the last cut. I think I will spend some of this afternoon working on photo books. I like to use the website www.picaboo.com to make photo books and Matt and I want to make one of our trip to San Francisco and one of our honeymoon. They can be time consuming and if I don't start soon I never will.

Happy Flex Day!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com