Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Back to the routine

It has been a good week so far. Monday night I had a lot to get done and magically, it all got done! Including going running (hooray for winter running clothes) and eating a delicious dinner of salmon, wild rice, sugar snap peas and a bottle of wine from our visit to Clarkesville (by the way, the dinner cost all of about $2 to make and fed us each 2 or 3 times)! Last night I had a board meeting at the Wesley Foundation which is always good to go to. I was very involved there in college and now am able to contribute back by donations and being on the board which feels good. I also helped them out today with their natural gas and getting a lower rate for them to help with the budget (even if I did tell them to go with a competitor of my company.. oh well). Mary and I carpooled down there together = haven't seen her in a while so that was good, and we saved a little gas, good for the environment :)

Tonight Matt is at choir practice so I've been piddling around the apartment getting a few things done (dishes, clean out fridge, laundry, etc). I also prepped a meal for cooking tomorrow. We are going to Matt's mom's Christmas show tomorrow night. She is an elementary school music teacher so we are going to see the show and Matt is going to run the sound. Which leaves us almost no time for dinner. I thought it would be a good night to finally use my crock pot which has been in the closet
for 4 months. I have some good crock pot recipe books so I found a recipe with ingredients that I had in the apartment and ended up making sloppy joes! Yum, I haven't had those in a loong time, and I've definitely never made them. The only problem is I halved the recipe and it will barely fill up the crock pot so I'm worried it might burn or something. But Matt will be home tomorrow and can keep an eye on it and start it around lunch time.

So nothing too exciting to report on. Oh and today I received in my email the proof for our wedding announcement which is running in
this Sunday's edition of the Augusta Chronicle:


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com