Sunday, January 24, 2010

Empty room

The first room when you walk into our house is still quite empty (I am pretty sure I have blogged about this before, and the bench we bought for Christmas). Now I have my eye on this chair:


Two of them, to be exact. They are not that expensive (comparatively) so I'm wondering if I'll be able to talk Matt (and myself) into buying them. They are on overstock.com where we also bought the bench. I have to give a little love to overstock.com here. We got free shipping on the bench. And right now their website says $2.95 shipping for your whole order (meaning my order of 2 pieces of furniture!). Sure it's probably built into the price somehow, but doesn't "free" always make you feel better anyway?

This weekend has been fairly low-key and kind of a downer due to the rain. We didn't really do anything Friday night. Saturday I had a Wesley board meeting thing from 9-3. Last night we went out to dinner at chick-fil-a (a treat for us!) and then went to Dad's Garage at 10:30. Dad's Garage is an improv comedy club in Midtown that I have been to probably about 5 times. I haven't been in a few years and have been trying to convince Matt to go. He was never up for it. Then, we went to the famous comedy place in Chicago called Second City, and I told him that I didn't think it was any better than Dad's Garage. So he agreed to go last night and it was HILARIOUS! I laughed so hard, and was still laughing when I was trying to go to sleep last night. I was so tired, laying in bed, and kept thinking about the show and laughing out loud. I highly recommend it, and we'd be happy to go with you ;-) My favorite thing they do is TheatreSports which they do Saturdays at 10:30pm. It's similar to Whose Line Is It Anyway? if you ever have watched that show.

Today Matt didn't have to sing at Northside so we opted to try the 11:30 service at Trinity (we usually go to the 9:30). We saw so many people we knew! How funny. It was awesome, and very nice to take one car to church with your husband and to actually get to take communion together instead of Matt having to jet out to get to Northside after the sermon.

It's time for me to go perform "surgery" on Molly's toys. (I sew them up over and over until they can't take it anymore.) I've been putting it off long enough. Have a great week!

1 comments:

emili said...

when y'all come visit we can go to $1 improv on sunday nights by my apt! :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com