Sunday, January 10, 2010

Church shopping

I've been feeling a little more at ease lately, as if I haven't super over-committed myself. I'm sure that will come back, although I hope not. This at ease, extra time, feeling has contributed to my three blog posts within one week ;-) We'll see if the trend continues.


I wanted to post about our church shopping experience. Matt and I attend a large church in Buckhead that has a lot of good things going for it. We love the people, love the young adult group, and Matt gets paid to sing their in their awesome choir. However, there are a lot of things we don't really like which I don't want to mention here and offend anyone. So for the past year or so, we have been on and off attending two churches. We began our church shopping by visiting another church in Buckhead which we had heard good things about. We fell in love with the pastor and didn't try any other churches out (until today). The big thing is that I want to hear an incredible sermon that moves me and I desperately want to find a small group to plug into. I feel like we are not doing enough spiritually, I want more.

So we found the awesome sermon in that church but still didn't plug into a small group. Today we tried a new church in the Marietta square. It had a lot of things going for it (including the potential for small groups around where we live) but Matt didn't like the music and I didn't care for the sermon. Going to that church convinced me of how much I like the other one we had been attending. So, we will go back to that other one with the amazing sermons and get plugged into a small group. There are three that are semi-close to where we live (they divide them by parts of the city) so we will be trying out one soon I hope!!

Today will be a good day, consisting of seeing lots of friends and four babies :) Just need to stay warm!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com