Monday, March 23, 2009

What a weekend!

I am blogging not from the comfort of my own home but from a hotel in Houston. But I'll get to that later.. warning of a lengthy blog post. A lot has happened in the past few days, I'll attempt to keep it brief.

I'll begin with Thursday. Thursday night Matt had another gig and along with his band playing, his brother Andy and his girlfriend Crystal were in town for a few days, so Andy joined in the playing. Matt went down to the venue early and Andy and Crystal came to hang out with me and enjoy a bottle of wine. Matt was supposed to play around 10:30 but ended up playing after midnight so it was a late night. The gig went really well and I had a lot of fun with everyone!

Friday morning, after going to bed around 1:30am, I woke up at 7 with Matt. He had to go to class and I was taking a flex day off of work so I could go paint at the house. I got to the house and started working around 8:15am and worked straight through until about 1:30pm when Andy and Crystal came to help. Matt showed up around 2:30 and we got a ton of work done! It definitely goes so much faster when there is more than just me painting!! I have pictures, but like I said I'm in Houston and I don't have my cord so I will post them later. We got a ton of painting done but still were probably less than halfway done with it all. I can't believe how much time it takes.

We headed home after painting to clean up and get ready for the evening. Andy and Crystal came over and we headed to the Spaghetti Factory. It was soo yummy. Then it was on to the [last] Ryan Adams concert which was held at the Fox. It was even better than I thought it would be! I always forget what an awesome building that is and the acoustics weren't bad like I thought they would be. After the concert we all headed home and said bye to Andy and Crystal knowing that...

They would get engaged on Saturday!!! It was SO fun knowing beforehand.. I think it's only the second time that I have known about an engagement beforehand. Saturday morning Matt and I had wanted to work at the house but we were exhausted. We slept in instead and got ready and packed to head up to the cabin. But first we went to see Spamalot! I have been waiting for 5 years to see that show and it was well worth the wait. I got the tickets for free from a coworker who didn't want to go. It was absolutely hysterical! If you haven't seen it and you like Monty Python then you should definitely check it out. That was also fun because we got to see our good friend Kelly who works at the Cobb Energy theater where it was held :)

So after the show, we headed up to Matt's parents cabin for a night of celebrating. We got to hear Andy and Crystal's story in person and see the ring (forgot to take a picture, it's a blue diamond, very cool!). The girls girl-talked inside about weddings while the guys all headed outside with the grill. Lots of wine and too much food later we got to bed at 10pm.. nice to get in bed that early. Woke up at 7am to head back to Atlanta and make it to church at 9:30.

Worked on the house all day after that and then packed up for Houston. I am here for a conference for work.. should be perfect for what I am training for at work, but I was sad to come alone. I tried to convince Matt to come (not to the conference of course but to Houston with me) but he needed to stay for school and house and band stuff. My trip started off nicely with the guy sitting next to me throwing up a lot before the plane even moved on the ground, then a bumpy plane ride, and the cab driver driving me the longer route (extra $10, thanks a lot). Here's to hoping the conference is good! Pictures from the house to come in a few days.

OH one more house thing, Matt found 3-4 inches of stagnant water sitting under our hardwoods in our basement. Yey. More to come on that.

And one final thing, in other Moffitt news, I know I have mentioned that John and Stephanie are expecting a baby in July but I don't know if I have mentioned that it is a girl! So Matt and I are expecting a niece in July :) Can't wait to meet her! And no name yet, they are keeping it a secret. Additionally, if you are one of our friends then you are probably pregnant and if you are pregnant, it is a girl. We are somewhere around 15 girls (and counting). Don't drink the water..

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com