Thursday, March 12, 2009

New running shoes!

So tonight I was supposed to work at the house finishing up the baseboards but Matt had to go do a photo shoot for his band. (If I ever get a picture of that, I'll be sure to post it). So I went shopping instead! First I went to Fleet Feet which is a store with all running stuff where they look at your feet, measure them and watch you run. Turns out I needed a whole size bigger than I had and also needed a 'stability' shoe because I turn my feet in as I run which is probably why my knee is messed up. I also got some of the good socks.. I have a lot to learn about all this running gear. I have been buying Mizunos for a few years, but I got Asics this time:
Afterwards I went to Ikea with the intention of looking at rugs, curtains and shelving. The rugs were great but not big enough. The curtains were all right but see-through. And they didn't have the shelving I need. So what did I do? Bought a new quilt for the bed. Something I semi-needed but not really. I wanted something to add to the bed for summer when our down comforter is too hot. We'll see what Matt thinks of it when he gets home. This is what it looks like now (still gotta get the wrinkles out and make the bed right):
Oh also, for the marathon, Emili and I are definitely running it together! Looks like we are aiming for a November-December time frame. Which means I will start training later in the year, around July or August. But in the mean time starting in May-ish I will do proper training for the Peachtree 10k. I just keep running it every year without training for it which is dumb. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com