Sunday, March 15, 2009

Progress?

Most of this weekend has been spent attempting to get the walls at the house primed. I am sad to say we are not quite finished priming but happy to say we are almost there! Friday night after working at the house we watched Wall-E which was a pretty cute movie. It was interesting because there wasn't a lot of dialogue in it since it mainly follows robots, but I thought it was really well done. Saturday morning Matt and I slept in which was much needed!! I have been averaging about 6 hours of sleep, not enough for me, so I slept 10 hours Friday night. We made it over to the house around noon on Saturday and worked until about 5. This is what a lot of the house looks like right now (hideous):

Can you imagine having those white walls? yuck! And this is the piece of furniture we bought at TJ Maxx a week or so ago:

Love it!

Saturday night we went out to the If Coffeehouse to see Greg's band play and see some friends. It was a very neat coffee shop and a fun night all together!

This morning I woke up around 8 and hopped in the shower and when I got out I realized I didn't wake up to sign up for the Peachtree road race!! I freaked out and ran to my computer. Online sign up began at 7am this morning and I had all kinds of reminders everywhere so I wouldn't forget.. I was exhausted last night and didn't think about it. I got online around 8:15 and at first couldn't get to the website and was told they were experiencing a high volume of people but there were still spots available. Ok so there was hope. I finally got to the form and filled it in, hit Submit, and then "Error"! Dang it. So I kept filling out the form over and over and getting the same error. I looked it up online and realized that everyone was having the same difficulty and people were posting about it. I found the secret on the posts: keep hitting refresh over and over and you'll get in. Sure enough - confirmed! So I signed Matt up as well. This was the first year the Peachtree registration was online and everyone knew it would mess up. Sure enough. I wonder what they'll do next year. My sister will be running it with us as well, should be fun!

After church we worked on the house all day on the walls again and then I ran a few errands. Came home and made granola bars (my first try - hope they are good!) and have been cleaning. What a mess. We have people coming into town this weekend and the following weekend so I have got to get this apartment at least visit-able. Anyway, almost time for the Amazing Race to come on...!!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com