Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring is coming!

Welcome to my new blog layout! I finally figured out how to change it!

I am beginning to feel like there is no light at the end of our work tunnel, but at the same time I am able to see how far we have come and how much we have accomplished over at the house. My goal is to have the baseboards completed and the walls I am going to paint prepped and primed by the end of this weekend. That is a LOT of work but I think I can do it. Only 3 more rooms of baseboards left and then 7 rooms of prepping and priming walls (2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, laundry room, kitchen, family room & small hallway).

With the incredible weather it has been nice to be able to work in the house with all the windows open letting the sun shine in later in the evening because of the time change. Still trying to get that musty smell out of the house. Speaking of incredible weather, I believe I have finally convinced myself to run a marathon!! I have been wanting to run one for a few years but keep using my knee as an excuse. (I hurt my knee when I ran the Peachtree for the first time, 10k, without having trained for it. Now I run with a knee brace.) But really that is just an excuse and I know I can do it. I will most likely be running one somewhere with my bff, Emili, but if not then I will run the Atlanta one on Thanksgiving day. I figure it will take me about 6 months to train (2 months to finish the house and then 4 months to actually train) so that puts us at September or later for the marathon. I'll keep you posted as to when I actually start the training with my progress.

Tonight we mostly just worked on the house for an hour or two. Matt is on spring break this week so is working over there every day, all day. I also went to Kroger tonight and got $56 worth of groceries for $26! It was awesome :)

Now, onto the weekend. Matt and I spent the weekend in Augusta. It was such a nice weekend! We got there Friday night around 8 after 3.5 hours in the car. If you know where we live, picture it taking almost an hour and a half to get from our apartment around 285 to I-20. It should not take that long.. it's about 25 miles. We slept in Saturday morning and then went over to my grandmother's house where my mom will soon be living. (My grandma passed away a few years ago.) It needs some work but it brought back a lot of memories seeing it. I haven't been over there in probably six years! Also, I can't believe it but I really did think some of the rooms were bigger. Funny how your perception changes from being younger.. I really thought they were bigger.

After going to my grandmother's house, me, Matt and Erin went over to my dad's house and hung out in the backyard by the lake for a while. It was so nice out there! We stayed about an hour and headed back to my mom's house to get ready for my cousin's wedding reception. My cousin, Zack, got married to his wife, Erin (not to be confused with my sister Erin), at the beginning of January in Hawaii so this was the reception in Augusta. It was held at the country club where Erin's parents live right on the river in this outdoor pavilion and it was so beautiful! It could not have been a more perfect day for that. It was really fun to see all of my mom's family and some people from our church as well. Not to mention the newlyweds and their Hawaii wedding pictures :) I think the funniest part was when Matt asked the 14 year old bartender girl for a glass of wine and she held the corkscrew over the bottle before looking at Matt all helpless like "can you open this?" Here are some pictures for you:

Pavilion
Me and my cousin Kristen (sister of the groom)

Me & my sister Erin
Me and Erin on the cool chair/rocker


The newlyweds! Zack & Erin
Sunset - what a pretty day!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com