Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Just doing our part to stimulate the economy

A quick look around our apartment tells me that this is definitely not where our focus is these days. And of course a quick look at my latest blog posts can tell you what the focus is. The projects are moving along and we have gotten a lot accomplished. Yet Matt and I are still stressing about how we are not going to have everything done by the time we move in. Now I know you are thinking so what? I keep telling myself we don't need to have all this done before we move in, most people don't get to fix things before they move in anyway. And realistically I know we'll be fine and we will continue working once we are in, I just wish it was all done. I guess really I just want to see the finished product :) All moved in and finished. Right now it feels like that day will never come.

I have begun my second coat of paint on the baseboards. Our gutters went up on the house yesterday. Matt has begun demo in the basement tearing some of the walls down. He also finished putting the insulation in the basement ceiling (house floor). I didn't know before we moved in (Matt knew but somehow I didn't catch it) that our whole house had no insulation in it. Walls and everything. No wonder he was so intent to get it in the attic and basement! Matt also fixed the big hole in the wall and I have almost finished with the blinds. One thing we are excited about is a new piece of furniture we just bought for the kitchen! We got it at TJ Maxx which I have to say is my new favorite store. I will post a picture of it once we get it out of the Jeep so you can see it. Soo cute. I will also try to remember to take pictures of some of our accomplishments soon so you can see the progress. I am pretty proud of us for all this work we are doing ourselves. The only thing we have paid someone to do is the gutters and right now that's the only thing we are planning to hire someone for.. for now.

Other than that things are going well. Work is good for me. I am actually going to Houston soon for a two day conference. I'll tell you all about it after I go ;-) Matt's school is going really well and his spring break is this coming week so he will be able to get a lot done over at the house. We also are continuing to plan our New England trip for this May. Not sure if I have mentioned it before but we will be going to Boston, Hartford and New York City. I just booked our NYC hotel tonight on hotwire. I am very much looking forward to this trip!!

March is a very busy month for us so hopefully a lot more posts to come about what we are up to! Oh and we got our wedding photos now, the whole set! Very exciting :) We have all the rights and everything. That was my dad's Christmas gift to us!

We are getting closer and closer to the warm weather I am craving. Hope you enjoy your 75 degree weekend!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com