Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Weekend in DC

You may have already read my marathon update, now here is an update of everything else. Emili and I flew to DC on Friday night and stayed with Emili's friend from college, Renee. I had met Renee before and she is a sweetheart. Friday we stayed up later than my normal bedtime and probably went to bed around 1am.


Saturday morning we slept in (10am!) and then headed to lunch and met up with another one of Emili's friends from Augusta. After lunch we headed over to the race expo to pick up our bib number and see everything they had there. They had a ton of running clothes, running food, etc, and some really cool "Marine Corp Marathon" clothing items that were way too expensive. I didn't buy anything but it was neat to see everything. After the expo we relaxed at Renee's apartment until we went to meet up with some of my family for dinner. I have an aunt, uncle and 3 cousins that live in Reston, VA so we met up with my aunt, uncle and one cousin for dinner that night in the city - so fun! I hadn't seen them since my wedding so it was so great to see them and I'm sad I forgot to take a picture with them :(

Saturday night we got our things ready for the morning and went to bed pretty early. For a Sunday recap, see previous post. One thing I forgot to mention was the Marines that were everywhere for the race. They were all of the volunteers: water, cleanup, hand out medals, etc. It was so cool to see them all serving that way. Also, Emili and I wore our names on our shirts and people would shout out our names and cheer us on which was really cool! Sunday after the race Renee made us a delicious lasagna dinner with some veggies. So in case she reads this, thank you thank you!! She was an amazing hostess.

I knew I would forget some things in my marathon post, also forgot to mention race day weather. It was chilly in the morning but in the low 60s throughout the race and so beautiful, blue skies! We even got a little sun burned.

Monday morning we woke up and headed out for a massage!! It was fantastic :) Followed by lunch at Cosi (yum!) and a tiny bit of shopping. Then it was back to Renee's apartment to gather our things and head to the airport. Emili and I had the same flight back to Atlanta and then she caught another flight to Minneapolis after having dinner with Matt and I. It was a perfect weekend!

Now I can get back to a routine of not running, haha. Time to keep up our house and get things done around here. This weekend is of course Halloween. I think I am going to be Julia Child. I'll have to post some pictures next week :) What are you going to be for Halloween?

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com