Monday, October 5, 2009

Randomness

It's been a while so I guess this might get lengthy! Stick with it if you wish :) So you know how they say that dogs and children are a lot alike? I've thought Molly has been pretty easy so far until one incident last week. We woke up in the middle of the night, around 3am, to Molly crying so Matt went to check out the situation since she had been having an upset stomach. The next thing I know Matt is getting me up to come help him because Molly has made a "mess" .. all over the crate.. on our wall.. on the carpet.. keep in mind she was in the crate the whole time. So Matt gave her a bath at 3am while I tied a shirt around my nose so I could breath and went to work. I don't think I'll mind it as much when it's my child.. that was a lot of work for a dog but it had to be done so oh well.


I don't really know how to transition out of that story. How about, speaking of cleaning the sheets Molly sleeps on, I finally got bedding for our guest room!! And thanks to Ikea, it is not the one I originally wanted. After 6 months, Ikea is still out of that bedding. So I picked a different one finally and made the bed all pretty. I will post some pictures soon. Speaking of new things..

I got my new car! Thanks to my sister for letting us drive her Jetta around for the last month, we now have two cars again. On Saturday I got a 2009 silver Honda Fit and it is so cute :) I feel like it is very 'me.' Pictures to come. Speaking of me..

I ran 20 miles yesterday. Yes, 20. That was the big week for marathon training and it ramps down quickly now until the marathon which is less than 3 weeks away!! I tried a run/walk method and ended up finishing the 20 miles in 4 hours 13 minutes which was fast for me and I enjoyed every minute of it! I am in pain now (and yesterday afterwards) but that will go away.. I'll just take a few days off to recuperate. Speaking of not running for a few days..

This week John, Stephanie, Arabelle and Parker are coming into town! We haven't met our niece Arabelle yet so we are looking forward to that (she is almost 3 months) and Molly hasn't met her dog cousin Parker so that should be fun to watch! We keep wanting to socialize her with lots of dogs but haven't made it to the dog park yet. Speaking of traveling..

I was in Augusta this weekend to get my car and my mom has sold her house! She and my sister will be moving into my grandmother's old house where she grew up. It's super cute but small so that will make Christmas fun and cozy when we're all there. Speaking of seasonal times of the year..

The HoneyCrisp apples are in the stores!! You MUST try them. I know they are way more expensive than other apples. I paid $2.99/lb today for 5 huge apples which cost me I think $9.39. And it will be worth every cent. I am so looking forward to eating one tomorrow. They are seasonal in the fall down here and not in every store but I located them in the Publix by me today. Go buy them - trust me!! Speaking of me liking to eat apples straight from the cold refrigerator..

It's 67 in our house! Quite chilly for me but we'll try to keep the heat off as long as possible. Not that I would turn the heat up much more than that, but just to take off the edge.

I guess this wasn't as long as I thought, just turned out more of a long train of thought, with no pictures :)

4 comments:

Scott said...

Molly and Ada were destined to be friends....

Amy Walker said...

20 miles?!? I'm so proud of you!

The Lanes said...

So Bo bought honeycrisp apples today because, "Julie said that they are kind of expensive, but worth it, so they must be good" :) Miss you!

julie said...

oh i hope you guys like the apples! i love my apples cold and have 6 honeycrisp chilling in my fridge right now (almost $12!) let me know what y'all think :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com