Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The end to couponing?

My streak of erratic posting will continue for tonight. I do have some pictures to post but don't feel like hooking my camera up right now. So just some thoughts for tonight.


Firstly, I think I am going to stop couponing. Oddly enough, I seem to be spending more money now than I did before I began. I do realize that I am getting more for my money but I am just getting frustrated with it. I used to spend $60 a week on our groceries which included food and items like paper towels, toothpaste, etc. After couponing, I was spending probably $70 on everything plus buying a newspaper for $2 every Sunday plus I was doing the Grocery Game which was costing me $15 every 8 weeks. I know that's not a lot but it adds up. As does the time spent on the couponing. A few weeks ago I decided to ditch the Grocery Game in favor of Southern Savers. Still did not have a lot of luck and the time and frustration was wearing me down. I used to cook meals for us at least 3 times a week and have definitely not been doing that! So for now, I will quit couponing and go back to what I was doing before of buying things that are on sale. However, I will still probably check southern savers for any printout coupons I can still take advantage of (turns out a lot of the ones I used can be printed offline anyway). Maybe I was doing something wrong, I have no idea, but I'm going to give a trial run to my old ways and see if it makes life better.

Second, we joined Netflix! So far we have watched one movie and watched it in several 20 minute increments. (Adventureland - definitely recommend it! Coincidentally it was filmed at Kennywood which is where I rode my first roller coaster - The Jack Rabbit.) We put the movie in the mail yesterday morning and had another DVD back today. I have no idea how they do that. Maybe the mailman sends them a message saying it's on the way?? haha. Anyway I have disc 1 of season 3 of Curb Your Enthusiasm waiting for me - yey!

Third, babies. My friends' lives continue to be consumed by babies. Jonathan Knox Tate Holvey was born about 4 weeks ago, 10+ pounds! John William "Will" Vasell was born on Sunday at 9+ pounds. Also on Sunday I attended a baby shower for my friend Alice who is expecting twin boys in February (if she goes full term). So excited for everyone!!

Fourth, I am halfway done with my Christmas shopping! It's a good feeling. And I think I may have just found some good deals at one of my favorite stores so I hope that will help me cross a few more people off my list :) What do you want from me for Christmas??

Fifth, speaking of Christmas, I am dying to put up all of the items I bought after Christmas last year! Is it too soon?? Maybe as soon as we eat the rest of our Halloween candy then it will be time.

I will try to put up pictures soon. I have a few from the marathon and some from Halloween - including one of Molly wearing angel wings!


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com