Sunday, September 20, 2009

Marathon update

I realized I haven't updated on my progress on the marathon in a while. I believe we are five weeks away from marathon day. My running has been going well and I have been doing probably about 75% of the runs that I had originally planned. My current distances are something like 5 miles on Tuesdays and 9 on Wednesday. Then I am supposed to run 5 on Thursday but can never seem to motivate myself to run on Thursdays so that is usually the 25% that I skip. The farthest I have gone so far is 16 miles, although I was supposed to go 18 this past Saturday. I ran the 16 with Emili (who I am running the actual marathon with) when she was in town over Labor Day weekend. It was so great having her there running it with me to see how it will be on the actual day and I think we both motivated each other. We also run at the same [slow] speed which is perfect. Our time for the 16 was 3 hours 40 minutes.


I didn't run the 18 miles on Saturday due to all this rain, but I did run 9 miles in the rain last Wednesday so I'd know what it's like to run in the rain, as it's always a possibility that it will rain on marathon day. I am taking Friday off of work in hopes that it won't rain and I can get in a long run since I have another activity on Saturday keeping me from running Saturday.

Actually since the 16, the farthest I've run is 9.5 so hopefully I'll be ready for my 20 mile run in 2 weeks :-/ Once you get going though it's pretty easy to just keep going. As long as my knee holds out!! I am still glad I'm doing this and still enjoying it but I'm ready for it to be over with so I can have my time back. I want to work on my house!

In other small news, I saw Julie and Julia last night and it was an absolute must-see!! I laughed so hard all the way through. I'll update on other things soon I hope..

Have a great week!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com