Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving in Augusta

First of all, one day I promise I'll make this blog actually look inviting. I've always been pretty computer savvy but since I have never done anything like this before, I haven't figured it out quickly and I haven't had the time to try yet. Kind of low on the list of things to do :)

So far this Thanksgiving break has been great. Matt and I headed to Augusta at about 3:30 on Friday (I got out of work early) but due to traffic, the drive took us 3.5 hours (usually takes 2)! We got home about 7pm and had dinner with the family. Thursday was spent with
the house smelling delicious as all of the food prepared for our lunch at 2. We had 9 total: me, Matt, my mom, John, my sister, my dad, my aunt, uncle & cousin. Lunch was delicious and the dressing was amazing as usual. As was my aunt's broccoli casserole, another absolute favorite of mine. Matt fell in love with my grandmother's stuffing as well so I know I married the right guy ;-) Afterwards a few of us took a walk around the neighborhood (it was 70 degrees in Augusta!) and just lounged around for the evening. Matt, me and my sister went to see Four Christmases that night and were supposed to be joined by some other friends but they mostly bailed.. one didn't show and the others brought younger cousins who wanted to see Bolt & Twilight, so we split.

Today we lounged around the house until after lunch when Matt, Erin & I went downtown to go on the Augusta Canal boat tour. I went a few years ago and wanted t
o take Matt to see it since he is really into Augusta history right now and is currently doing a project on it for his history class.










Matt and Erin on the boat









Me and Matt










Our boat went through that hole!

Matt and I packed up and headed back to Atlanta tonight. On the way we stopped at Cracker Barrel because I heard that you can "rent" their audio books. You buy one at any Cracker Barrel and return it to any other one and you get back all of your money except for $3.49 per week that you had the CDs. We went with Twilight, partly because we couldn't agree on anything else. It works out nicely since I just borrowed this book from Erin and will start reading it wherever we leave off with these CDs. We meant to borrow one of the Harry Potter audio books from the library before we left but we forgot. Next time we'll do that.. it's free! But I'm ok with $3.49 :)

We got the book because tomorrow morning we are waking up bright and early and heading to Tennessee (4 hour drive) to see some of Matt's extended family. Hope everyone else's Thanksgivings are enjoyable so far!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com