Monday, November 17, 2008

Here we go..

Where to begin..? How about "welcome to my lame blog!" Who knows, maybe it will actually turn out to be a fun thing for me. I have become somewhat of a blog reader and often end up reading blogs of people I've never met (as most people do) and after thinking about it for a while, and being told by a certain friend a few times to start a blog, I've decided to give it a shot. Or perhaps the reason I am starting a blog is that I am hanging out at home tonight by myself and instead of folding the laundry in the dryer, the laundry in the bedroom, putting away the 5 coats I can see from where I sit, doing the dishes (etc, you get the picture), I can blog and put these things off, hooray!

I'll start by giving you a synopsis of what you will probably see me write about on this blog. It will hopefully be a look into my life as a young adult, newlywed, working wife, etc and a little of Matt's life too. I am originally from Augusta and made my way to Atlanta due to Georgia Tech. I graduated from there with a degree in Management in May 2006 and am currently working in my second job as a Business Analyst for a natural gas marketer. How much I enjoy my job surprises me sometimes since ultimately I have always wanted to stay at home with kids (and still plan to one day). Matt and I met in February 2007, were engaged in March 2008 and married on August 2, 2008. We are at the 3.5 month mark of marriage and enjoying every minute of it. Matt is in school studying history to become a teacher so I get the job of "breadwinner." I am happy to provide for us while he follows something he is very much enjoying. Not something I thought I would be doing, but we enjoy struggling and being frugal together. We still light up when we see each other and have ever since we met, something that I hope never goes away (ah the dreams of a newlywed) :)



We live a pretty routine life, though busy, so hopefully my posts will not become redundant for you. Even with the routine, we do a lot of fun things. For example, tomorrow night we are going to the opera to see Cinderella! We had season tickets last year for the opera but opted not to buy them this year because they are very expensive. But due to a very good friend of ours, we are fortunate enough to get to see the opera for as cheap as you possibly can.


I'll leave it at that for tonight.. I could probably write for a while about random things. Oh and also, I don't know much about how to use this site yet so I am sure the look and feel of this will be changing as soon as I figure that out...

2 comments:

Scott said...

YES!! Another one bites the dust...all the badgering finally paid off.

Here's to looking forward to many more posts.

Happy Blogging!

LB said...

welcome to blogging, Julie. You are going to love it. I will add you to my list right away.

And how fun that you are going to the opera. I am jealous:)

 
template by suckmylolly.com