Saturday, November 22, 2008

"It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas..."

I would say this weekend has been pretty great so far. Last night Matt and I went to his parent's cabin in Jasper and spent the evening with them. We had a usual large Moffitt meal: salmon AND steak, potatoes, green beans, salad & dessert. With wine of course when means once again I fell asleep on the couch at 8:45pm. This morning for breakfast we enjoyed grits, eggs, bacon and an english muffin. I haven't really eaten the rest of the day, although I did have a bowl of cereal for a late lunch / early dinner. While we were up there, Matt's mom was putting out her Christmas trees (yes, plural) and decorating so I was really getting in the Christmas mood. We even listened to my favorite Christmas CDs yesterday and today - Sufjan Stevens Christmas collection.

I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself with Christmas here, but I even went Christmas shopping today and got the majority of it done. We are trying to keep the gifts low key this year in terms of cost but I am really excited about the gifts we have gotten. I am especially excited about what I got Matt for Christmas but you'll have to wait until after he finds out before I can post that here. I even wrapped all the gifts tonight that we've gotten so far. I also started thinking about Christmas gifts for co-workers. There are a select few I would like to give something small too, and in my book then I feel like I have to give everyone in my group something. I think I have decided to go the baked goods route and have found some great recipes. Everyone enjoys homemade cookies and candies and this way I can give to a lot of people without a lot of cost. Do you think this is a good gift to people, or if you receive something like this do you think of it as a cop-out? I think of it as thoughtful.. I'd love to hear your opinion on that.

Ok time to think about Thanksgiving.. :)

2 comments:

Mrs. Fox said...

I think baked goods are thoughtful! I'm doing that for my coworkers too to save money. :) I'm putting some Oreo truffles in the mix too. I like reading your blog! Have a great day!
-Lindsey

julie said...

ahh nice idea with the oreo truffles :) i am still debating on who to give the goodies to and how much to make.. it will be a lot of baking!

 
template by suckmylolly.com