Thursday, November 20, 2008

Madeleines

Tonight I am trying to play around with the blog and see if I can get it to look the way I want but I guess I still haven't figured it out. So instead, I thought I would try posting a picture or two and see how that goes. One wedding gift I was very excited about getting was a madeleine pan. I purchased one from Williams Sonoma with a gift card that we received. Tonight I finally tried it out. In case you haven't heard of madeleines, they are small french lemony tea cakes and you need to find some and buy them, they are delicious. We used to eat these in France all the time studying abroad, even better with nutella. I love to bake, especially when it involves a little bit of a complicated recipe. The first batch I overcooked (they are the darker, crispier ones in the picture) but the second and third batches turned out beautifully (learning curve)! Soft and fluffy:









And in the spirit of posting pictures, I finally sent in the picture and forms to have our wedding announcement posted in the Augusta Chronicle.. should be in there in 2 or 3 weeks I hope. Matt and I wanted a picture with both of us in it, this is what we decided on:













That's enough for tonight :) Happy Friday Eve!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com