Monday, February 1, 2010

New favorite place

So my family was in town this weekend and I thought it was about time that we tried out this place I have heard a lot about. First (last summer) Matt's aunt comes over and tells us we live about a mile from the best French place in town. Then I had another friend come over and tell me the same thing. We finally tried it this weekend, and we DO live a mile from the best French place in town! It's called Douceour de France and oh my gosh I can't say enough about it. It's in a little old house (read took a while for a table of five to be seated) but it's so cute and quaint. On Saturdays they serve breakfast and lunch from 8am to 3:30 (brunch!). I had a crepe with nutella and bananas and some baguette. They are also a full bakery and sell all kinds of cakes, pastries, baguettes, soups, etc. Go there - and invite us ;-)


(Did I mention how much I love where we live??)

In other news, I just ordered an invisible electric dog fence for Molly. I bought it online for only $88 and it had rave reviews and sounds super easy to use. I will let you know what I think about it after we get it in place and start using it. Matt was against it at first but at $88 vs hundreds or thousands of dollars for a real fence, he finally gave in ;-) All you have to do is get it set up and bury it and train the dog. One of the comments even said they just used their edger to make the "trench" to put the wire in. We don't plan on leaving Molly outside much, just to basically let her go out to the bathroom by herself (and to keep her from using the bathroom in our neighbor's yard.. no one lives there now but someone's bound to buy that house sooner or later).

And now it's time to do some dishes, laundry, and watching The Bachelor (don't judge) :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bo said...

That place is awesome! The deserts are so good.

 
template by suckmylolly.com