Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Blogging drought

Sorry I haven't blogged in a little while.. if you even care ;) I just looked back at my last post and saw that I wrote that we were going to watch The Hangover -- HILARIOUS! Wow we loved it. Anyway you probably know how beautiful this past weekend was. We took full advantage of 65 and sunny. Saturday morning we walked a mile to the French restaurant and ate outside in the beautiful weather for brunch - yum!! Then I ran some errands and came home and washed both cars (Matt's Jeep hadn't been washed in 3+ years.. since I've known him) and then we installed Molly's electric fence. So we have those little flags all around our back yard. Now begins the training.. you can't just slap the collar on the dog and let them loose, you have to train them to understand what is going on and why. She seems like she is kind of understanding it. Today I kicked the ball around outside and sometimes when it went outside the fence she wouldn't go and would wait for me to get it. Other times she would run right after it (at other spots in the fence). While training, you keep plastic pieces on the collar so it doesn't shock her but it does beep. Then as training progresses you change out the plastic for the metal.


We also bought two rugs for our empty front room in the past few weeks. I ended up not liking the first one but I bought it on craigslist so I can't return it so now I'm trying to sell it. The other one just arrived today and I love it!! The room is slowly coming together and I'm realizing I can do it for cheaper than I thought (though still costly.. especially when you buy something expensive you don't want). I'll post pictures soon I hope.

This week is full of preparing for the wedding shower for Andy and Crystal on Saturday. I'm so excited! We are so close to wedding time now :) Matt and I haven't been to a wedding in quite a while (actually since the day my Civic was totaled). Weddings are always so fun!

Molly needs to go outside so I can't write much more.. I did want to say though that we went to our first small group tonight! Apparently it was cancelled and we didn't know that, but the hosts graciously invited us in and we chatted for about 45 min. We really like them a lot and the guy apparently owns the Christian music studio in Atlanta or something (Matt has always dreamed of going there if that tells you anything) so it's quite the match for us for small group! We can't wait until next week! Although we are excited to be home tonight to catch Lost ;-)

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com