Friday, February 12, 2010

Sickness and Snow

It's snowing outside.. a lot! We definitely have at least an inch which is a lot for Atlanta! It's still coming down pretty hard like it has been for a few hours. And on one of my days off (today) when I actually get a chance to watch Oprah because I'm at home, they don't play Oprah and play snow news!! Geez. "We're all going to die! Go buy milk and bread! Don't leave the house!" Oh well. I'll get a cozy evening inside with my hubby watching The Hangover. Fine by me!


So I have ended up with about a 3.5 day weekend. I woke up yesterday morning with a really weird headache. It wasn't sensitive to light and sound like a normal headache, but instead hurt whenever I moved, talked, moved my eyes, etc. Like blood throbbing in my head. I went to work (really had to do a few things) and worked from 7am until 10:30am when I went home to try to rest because my head wasn't getting any better. I laid in bed until about noon and never fell asleep. I was under my electric blanket and having lots of chills. Checked my temp and sure enough - 101.3. After a little research I thought that maybe I had the beginnings of the flu (no body aches yet). So Matt took me to the clinic at Walgreens and I got a quick flu test. Negative. (Thank goodness.) The rest of evening I just took advil and rested and tried to eat some. I slept about 10 hours last night and actually feel pretty good today. I guess it was a 24 hour bug. I woke up with a little bit of the headache but nothing like yesterday. Hooray for being well again! I think that must've been why I was so tired all week, I guess my body was fighting off the virus. Today is my flex day, which is good for recovering, and I ran a few errands and checked a few things off of my to-do list. Now just need to get the house cleaned some more.

Happy snow day!

1 comments:

chrissy said...

sorry you werent feeling Julie- glad you're feeling better!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com