Sunday, November 22, 2009

Vampires, babies and ice cream

This has been a good weekend. Pretty lazy, and good. Friday night I was so lazy and didn't do anything on my to-do list. I fell asleep on the couch at 9:45. Nice. Woke up Saturday at 9am (in bed.. had climbed in bed at 12:30am) andddddd proceeded to sit on the couch again :) Lazy-d around most of Saturday except I did wash a mountain of dishes. Then Chrissy and I saw the new Twilight movie, New Moon, on Saturday evening. Oh my gosh it was good!! Much better than the first. And the funniest thing was listening to the tween girls freaking out over seeing the guys without their shirts on and stuff. Then Chrissy came over to our house and we had some bbq for dinner and hung out. So good to see her! (Sorry we missed you in the afternoon Lindsey!!).


Last night I successfully fell asleep on the couch again probably around 10:30 and then climbed in bed about an hour later. This morning Matt and I helped out the young adults at church and we served and sold some coffee. We are doing this Land of 1000 Hills coffee at church, Fair Trade coffee, that benefits victims of genocide in Rwanda. It's pretty cool, you can read about it here.

This afternoon we drove around Atlanta visiting two new babies! John Tate Holvey and Will Vasell. John Tate lives in Douglasville with his lovely parents Jaime and Joe. Jaime and I worked together at Bluelinx and formed a close relationship over going shopping every day during "lunch." It was mostly just looking - not buying, but we definitely went to Target and Cost Plus World Market a lot! Matt and I drove back from Douglasville and headed over to Buckhead where Will lives with his parents Peter and Angel who are our friends from church. We met them probably a year ago and have really enjoyed getting to know them over the past year! John Tate is 6 weeks old and somewhere around 11.5 pounds and Will is 3 weeks old and somewhere around 10 pounds. Both very beautiful boys!! I had not been around a boy baby in soo long. We were very happy to see all the babies and parents today. No pictures though :(

And on the way home we stopped at the [interesting] Food Depot to get some mint chocolate chip ice cream which I just ate for "dinner." Yum :) (We had Shane's for lunch and have been overly stuffed and I had a craving for ice cream so I can call that dinner, right?)

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

Mrs. Fox said...

Haha! I love having ice cream for dinner. :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com