Saturday, August 22, 2009

Nothing too exciting to report

Hmm.. Saturday evening at 6:45. Looks like I'm not doing a whole lot! This week was pretty uneventful, but I did get my haircut which I always love. Every 4 months I get it chopped off and then let it grow until I can't stand it anymore and then chop it off again. I prefer it short like this but it's far too expensive to keep it this way. Also went and saw Bobby Lee Rodgers again.. I think it's the 11th or 12th time we have gone to see him but the last time was probably a year ago. He was amazing as always but since he didn't go on until around 11 and it was Thursday night, we had to leave before he was done. I got in bed at 1am and up again at 5:30am for work on Friday.

Last night we took it pretty easy since Saturday mornings are my long runs. 13 miles this morning! That's half the marathon!! I think I actually went 12.9 and it took me 2 hours 52 minutes. I am an incredibly slow runner (that's 13.3 min/mile) but today felt great and I really enjoyed the run. This week I added in Chastain Park in my route which I loved. Matt rides his bike along with me to keep me hydrated.. he'll go buy gatorade when we run out of water.

Then we came home and took short naps.. short because my dad came into town and hung out with us for a few hours. We just ran some errands to get some things I needed and then he took us to Gabriel's for dinner! SO yummy. Especially the mint brownie. So now I am stuffed. Oh and speaking of dessert I made peanut butter cookies last night.. definitely had 5 of those today. It's a recipe that I have made my whole life with my mom and they are yummy.

We don't really have any plans for tonight.. personally I want to fall asleep right now. Might go see a movie but then I'd probably fall asleep. Ahh exciting married life, haha. But I am perfectly content staying home most nights, I'm very much a homebody. So here's to another night of relaxing.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com