Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blogging shortage

I think I need to be more diligent in my blogging. At least I haven't stopped but since I'm not writing as often my entries become way too long! But if you are still reading I guess that is a good sign :) Let's see.. past two weeks..

Matt has been out of school between semesters (he starts back tomorrow). He has been working on the basement and also on his applications for Kennesaw and Georgia State to start on his bachelor's degree in January. He'll be graduating with his associates degree in December!

Two Fridays ago we had our annual Gas South Family Fun Day. This year it was held at Piedmont Park (was last year too) and basically my work day consisted of Matt and I hanging out with my coworkers and their family's from 10-2. Greatest work day ever.

We had a good number of friends over here last Saturday night for a potluck dinner. I don't have any pictures but I think Scott was taking some so maybe he'll post them over here. It was great seeing everyone and lively having two babies around the house! Mary, Tammie and the Mackowski's stayed later and we played a game called Acquire which was really cool if you are in the need of a new board game ;-)

And last night was the coolest thing of all. We saw Paul McCartney live in concert in Piedmont Park!!! Definitely the best concert I have ever been to. We weren't supposed to take cameras in, so we didn't, but of course a lot of people there had them. So these aren't my pictures but below are some of what we saw. He played for 2.5 hours which included 3 encores. (I really hate encores by the way.. just keep playing the music!) The song I enjoyed the most was Live or Let Die.

We were closer than this :)

And a video of Live or Let Die. I realize it's completely poor quality but you get kind of an idea of how exciting it was. (I didn't take this video). They also had fireworks above / behind the [HUGE] stage for this song that you can kind of see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcjVnl1Kxq4 <-- I don't know how to embed the video in my blog!

Not quite as exciting as Paul McCartney, but today Matt and I went to Patagonia to get me a new winter coat! I only really like one of my coats and none of them are very warm. I realize you don't need too warm of a jacket here in the south, but if you are me then you do. They are having a huge sale so this was 50% off!! Thanks to Crystal for telling me about the sale!
W\'s Classic Retro-X Jacket
This should keep me nice and toasty all winter :)

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com