Monday, August 16, 2010

Morning Glory Muffins

My friend Meg got me hooked on a few baking / cooking blogs (thanks Meg!) and my sister suggested one or two also so I'm not sure who this blog comes from. I typically just 'star' the recipes I like in my google reader and search them later when I want to make something. This recipe was put up the other day and I just had to make it. While I can eat the same thing for breakfast morning after morning for years (going on 2 years or so now on my current breakfast - a mixture of two cereals from Aldi), Matt prefers to mix it up and likes a different breakfast weekly. That presents a challenge every week when I'm going to the grocery store and say "what do you want for breakfast this week?" Because he can never decide :) haha. So lately I've been in the habit of baking something if I find a fun recipe. It serves my need to bake and his need for new breakfast items without fattening us up too much baking sweets.


This recipe sounded so weird I just had to try it. It has apples, carrots, zucchini, applesauce, coconut, pecans, pineapple and normal baking ingredients (including wheat flour!). Weird, right?? I made them last night and they are tasty! I think the best thing about these muffins is that even though they have all of those fruits & veggies in them, you can't even taste them at all. They just taste like normal cinnamon wheat muffins or something of the sort. So they seem to be super healthy without tasting weird! I didn't take any pictures but mine pretty much look just like the ones on the blog. If anyone bakes them I would love to know what you think of them. (So far 3 out of 3 people that have tried mine loved them) :)

1 comments:

The Lanes said...

I just checked out the blog you got the recipe from and now I'm addicted! Please send me more blogs! =)

 
template by suckmylolly.com