Friday, August 13, 2010

Minneapolis and house work

Last weekend Matt and I went to Minneapolis to visit my very best friend, Emili. We have been friends for 21 years!! wow! We had a fantastic time and I put up a few of my favorite pics below. We ate amazing food, kayaked for a few hours on the lakes, and rode bikes all over the city. The funniest thing about the bikes was when this guy told me it was dangerous to be riding on the roads. I guess he didn't know that it's the law for bikes to ride on the roads and that Minneapolis is the #1 biking city in the US.

Also pictured is a shot of the guys fixing our door (rotten wood around the frame and floor - SO glad it's done!) and one of our new couch. I'll explain below.









Ok about that couch - in Minneapolis I found the coolest couch for our front room (which is still only half furnished). We have the same store in Atlanta, BUT the couch is $1800. So it's a no-go. But it did inspire the couch that we scored for $80 off of craigslist. You can see the two below. The top picture is the one we wanted and the bottom picture is the one we got. We are definitely getting it reupholstered, I'm already in contact with two different stores about it. We want to do a similar fabric to the green one that we love. We really like this couch, it's so fun and vintage :) I think that the picture doesn't really do it justice. I will post an after one as soon as it's reupholstered.. not sure how long that will take.

Bantam Sofa - 73"


We also replaced our kitchen faucet the week (the old one got water not only in the sink but on you as well) and did a few other small things around the house. As much as the list is never-ending, I really love improving our house little by little! I also love all of the cheap finds we have found for our front room. It's really coming together and I love how it looks so far.

Happy weekend!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com