Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July fun

This long weekend began with having Andy and Crystal over for dinner on Thursday night. Matt smoked some pork and I made some baked potatoes to put the pork on. Along with some creamed corn and biscuits it was delicious!! We slept in a little on Friday but when I woke up Matt told me that sometime after I'd gone to bed our kitchen sink fell! We have one of those undermounted sinks under the granite and apparently it wasn't installed currectly (surprise, surprise). Nothing really surprises me in this house anymore. So anyway we realized we couldn't fix it ourselves and have a guy coming Monday afternoon to hopefully fix it. It was previously just glued to the granite with no extra hooks to hold it on. So this guy is supposed to somehow drill into the granite and get the sink re-attached.

My mom and sister got here Friday afternoon and we surprised my mom with cooking her a nice birthday dinner (her birthday is actually today though). Matt smoked some baby back ribs and I made some steamed carrots and homemade french fries. Erin and I made a yellow cake with dark chocolate frosting all from scratch. Everything was delicious!

Saturday morning we woke up super early to get to the Peachtree road race. This was my 4th year running it and it never lets me down. Matt, Erin and I ran in time group 9 and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be to start that late. Erin and I ran together except at the end I let her run ahead of me. My time was just under 71 minutes which has been about where I've run it every time. After the race we all headed to Matt's aunt and uncle's house for some delicious food. We had a good crowd of Moffitts there and it was really fun. We didn't do much else on Saturday except all take long naps :)

This week is full of preparing for our house warming party. Here's to hoping it all comes together!

Pre-race (you may be able to see the sink falling apart in the back..)
Post-race!

2 comments:

Amy Walker said...

How is it you look as cute in your "post-race" picture as you do in your "pre-race" picture!! You can't hide gorgeous...

Erin said...

Based on the second picture, I don't think we could ever deny being related.

 
template by suckmylolly.com